At MBC Media we travel many times each year to many different events and conference all over the world to be updated on whats happening in the business, grow stronger and meet up with our business partners. BUT the one the best event of the year we always look forward to going to is SIGMA on Malta, this event is really for the best event of the year and it just keeps getting better and better and better ! Each year it impresses me on the progress at this event, at the last conference they even invited and PAID plane tickets for 300 affiliates ! They really mean it with this conference and it just keeps growing from year to year, and this year they do it again ! Well done SIGMA ! And this year they are inviting and paying plane tickets for 1000 affiliates ! Ambitious ? serious ? these guys mean it !! If you have to choose one event to visit this year – it has to be SIGMA !
If you dont know what SIGMA is, well read this and make sure you come visit the event in 2017 !
SiGMA to keep doubling in size
From a simple bedroom project to a buzzing show that has doubled in size over three years and shows no signs of plateau: this has been our humbling journey so far; a roller coaster that has connected many entrepreneurs and gained a bit of respect from the elite of igaming. 2017 is the very first year where we’re embracing the challenges and opportunities of a global show, with growing interest from the heavyweights of the industry across continents.
Shortly after SiGMA16 we took heed of your feedback and will be introducing some interesting upgrades, including, but not limited to the following:
- Conferences: The conferences worked marvels in 2016, with a number of partnerships and a new cabaret-style layout room – the hall was packed from 9am to 6pm. We plan on establishing more partnerships, and apply even stricter guidelines for the best speakers. We’re also changing the way content is presented, by reducing the run-of-the-mill panel, at times mind-numbing discussions with more engaging content. Come SiGMA17, expect more fish bowls, speed dating and better interaction between speaker and audience using latest technologies and apps available. Harsh as it may sound; we’re even tempted rating the speakers, live – power to the audience!
- 1,000 Free Flights: Inspired by the movie 300, last year we gave 300 flights to affiliates. The initiative went down very well with affiliates and operators, so this year we’re inviting 500 NEW affiliates AND also 500 top C level executives – CEOs, CTOs, CPOs, CMOs – to keep the B2B side of the business equally busy with a fresh bloodline of potential customers. Exhibitors are encouraged to invite VIP guests, flights on us, and throw a string of hospitality events around SiGMA. After all, Malta lends itself quite well for hospitality.
- SiGMA Startup Pitch: Our launch of the SiGMA startup pitch went really well, with some startups landing lucrative offers. We intend keeping our unique, swift format of a three minute presentation, followed by a seven minute grilling session with the investors. This year, however, we’ll invest heavily on this front by giving startups who qualify the possibility to, not only pitch, but also get exposure on our magazine, website, exhibit at the show at no cost. We will also offer office space for a full year to the top three startups who wish to use Malta as a base for business development or even relocation – the office space comes with full consultancy from a team of grizzled industry veterans.
Embed video Startup Pitch here pls.
- Venue size: Arguably the toughest of decisions we had to endure to date – stay where we are but be unable to grow the show with new exhibitors or move elsewhere? Hardly anyone wanted to release their booking for 2017, which meant we literally couldn’t sell a single stand space to a new exhibitor. Delegates want to meet existing but also new exhibitors. For us it was important to keep the show cosy and fun but at the same time enable it to grow, with new exhibitors. 2016 was already a bit of a squeeze in terms of crowd so we decided to go for a bigger venue – expect some nice surprises on this front.
- Recruitment: SiGMA opened its doors for recruitment too, paving the way for a careers convention the last four hours. Hundreds of qualified attendees roamed around with resumes in hand. We’re confident this feature will gain even more momentum moving forward, with more attendees and more sponsors/exhibitors expected to involve their HR department.
- Vetting of Exhibitors: In an unprecedented move we’ve decided to team up with the most respected arbitrage out there to vet operators. GPWA, The Pogg, Affiliate Guard Dog, Ask Gamblers and Casinmeister will guide us into accepting only legitimate operators who treat their affiliates and players with the utmost respect.
- Strategic Partnrships: We’ve worked hand in hand with the Maltese government, the MGA, Gaming Malta as well as GamCrowd, KPMG eSummit, the BiG Foundation, the Malta Community Chest Fund and others, to create a unique networking environment where people enjoy discussing business and build long-term working relationships.
The above upgrades are a reflection that we’re putting the delegate, be it an affiliate, operator, B2B, startup, investor or other at the heart of every decision.
We want to foster a long term networking environment, predominantly with a stronger show, but also throughout the year with even more networking events. We understand that people network better in a relaxed, fun environment; so we decided to make this our new slogan – simple, succinct and reflective of the true SiGMA spirit –
“Enjoy Making Money”
No words can describe how thankful we are to date and how excited we are moving forward. Exhibitors are lining up faster than previous editions. May we take this opportunity to encourage you to consider taking part and planning early. We’d be more than happy to explain the benefits of being a speaker, a sponsor, an exhibitor, a startup or an investor. Follow their footsteps and enjoy making money with us.
Full details are accessible on www.maltaigamingsummit.com or by calling us on 00356 99263626.